Cisco Unified Communications Manager administration portal security bypass
|cisco-ucm-cve20140657-sec-bypass (90120)||Medium Risk|
Cisco Unified Communications Manager could allow a remote attacker to bypass security restrictions, caused by insufficient role restriction processing within the administration portal. By revisiting the link to a previously denied location of the administration portal, an attacker could exploit this vulnerability to gain access to restricted sections.
Current customers should contact the vendor for update information. See References.
- Cisco Security Notice: Cisco Unified Communications Manager Role Bypass Vulnerability.
- BID-64690: Cisco Unified Communications Manager Unauthorized Access Vulnerability
- CVE-2014-0657: The administration portal in Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Unified CM) 9.1(1) and earlier does not properly handle role restrictions, which allows remote authenticated users to bypass role-based access control via multiple visits to a forbidden portal URL, aka Bug ID CSCuj83540.
- SA56368: Cisco Unified Communications Manager Administration Portal Access Bypass Vulnerability
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager
Jan 07, 2014
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.