b2 b2inc remote command execution
|b2-b2inc-command-execution (9013)||High Risk|
b2 could allow a remote attacker to execute arbitrary commands on the Web server. A remote attacker could send a specially-crafted URL request that uses the b2inc parameter to specify a malicious b2functions.php file on the attacker's own system that could be used to execute arbitrary commands or view arbitrary code on the Web server running b2.
Upgrade to the latest version of b2 (0.6pre2-20020409 or later), available from the cafelog Web site. See References.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Mon May 06 2002 - 05:13:37 CDT: b2 php remote command execution.
- cafelog Web site: Index of /releases.
- Full-Disclosure Mailing List, Tue Aug 13 2002 - 12:36:53 CDT: Multiple Vulnerabilities in CafeLog Weblog Package.
- VulnWatch Mailing List, Thu May 29 2003 - 02:22:38 CDT: b2 cafelog 0.6.1 remote command execution..
- BID-4673: B2 B2Config.PHP Remote Command Execution Vulnerability
- CVE-2002-0734: b2edit.showposts.php in B2 2.0.6pre2 and earlier does not properly load the b2config.php file in some configurations, which allows remote attackers to execute arbitrary PHP code via a URL that sets the $b2inc variable to point to a malicious program stored on a remote server.
- OSVDB ID: 50530: CafeLog b2 b2edit.showposts.php b2inc Parameter Remote File Inclusion
- Michel Valdrighi b2 0.6.1
- Michel Valdrighi b2 0.6pre2 and prior
May 06, 2002
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this