McAfee Email Gateway TestFile XML command execution
|mcafee-gateway-cve20137103-command-exec (90162)||High Risk|
McAfee Email Gateway could allow a remote authenticated attacker to execute arbitrary commands on the system, caused by the improper validation of input. By calling an XML element that contains the command, an attacker could exploit this vulnerability using the value attribute in a TestFile XML element or the hostname to execute arbitrary shell commands on the system.
No remedy available as of March 1, 2014.
- Full Disclosure Mailing List, Tue, 3 Dec 2013 16:05:20 -0600: McAfee Email Gateway multiple vulns.
- Packet Storm Security [12-05-2013]: McAfee Email Gateway 7.6 Command Execution / SQL Injection.
- BID-64150: Multiple McAfee Appliances Multiple SQL Injection and Remote Command Execution Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2013-7103: McAfee Email Gateway 7.6 allows remote authenticated administrators to execute arbitrary commands via shell metacharacters in the value attribute in a (1) TestFile XML element or the (2) hostname. NOTE: this issue can be combined with CVE-2013-7092 to allow remote attackers to execute commands.
- OSVDB ID: 100581: McAfee Email Gateway Administrator System Tab Multiple Attributes Remote Command Execution
- McAfee Email Gateway 7.6
Dec 03, 2013
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.