Cisco Adaptive Security Appliance Identity Firewall security bypass
|cisco-asa-cve20140653-sec-bypass (90165)||Medium Risk|
Cisco Adaptive Security Appliance (ASA) could allow a remote attacker to bypass security restrictions, caused by the improper validation of the NetBIOS probe response within the NetBIOS logout probe feature of the Identity Firewall (IDFW) feature. By sending a specially-crafted NetBIOS probe response, an attacker could exploit this vulnerability to impact access of a currently authorized user.
Current customers should contact the vendor for update information. See References.
- Cisco Security Notice: Cisco Adaptive Security Appliance Identity Firewall NetBIOS Logout Probe Auth State Change Vulnerability .
- BID-64708: Cisco Adaptive Security Appliance Authorization State Change Security Bypass Vulnerability
- CVE-2014-0653: The Identity Firewall (IDFW) functionality in Cisco Adaptive Security Appliance (ASA) Software allows remote attackers to trigger authentication-state modifications via a crafted NetBIOS logout probe response, aka Bug ID CSCuj45340.
- SA56366: Cisco Adaptive Security Appliance (ASA) IDFW Two Vulnerabilities
- Cisco Adaptive Security Appliance
Jan 07, 2014
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.