GetSimple CMS edit.php and settings.php scripts cross-site scripting
|getsimplecms-cve20137243-xss (90191)||Medium Risk|
GetSimple CMS is vulnerable to cross-site scripting, caused by improper validation of user-supplied input by the edit.php and settings.php scripts. A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability using the multiple parameter to inject malicious script into a Web page which would be executed in a victim's Web browser within the security context of the hosting Web site, once the page is viewed. An attacker could use this vulnerability to steal the victim's cookie-based authentication credentials.
No remedy available as of October 1, 2014.
- GetSimple CMS Web site: GetSimple CMS - The Fast, Extensible, and Easy Flat File Content Management System.
- Packet Storm Security [01-07-2014]: GetSimple CMS 3.1.2 / 3.2.3 Cross Site Scripting.
- CVE-2013-7243: Multiple cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerabilities in GetSimple CMS 3.1.2 and 3.2.3 allow remote attackers to inject arbitrary web script or HTML via the (1) post-menu field to edit.php or (2) Display name field to settings.php. NOTE: The Custom Permalink Structure and Email Address fields are already covered by CVE-2012-6621.
- GetSimple CMS GetSimple CMS 3.1.2
- GetSimple CMS GetSimple CMS 3.2.3
Jan 07, 2014
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.