Symantec Endpoint Protection authentication privilege escalation
|symantec-endpoint-cve20135009-priv-esc (90224)||Medium Risk|
Symantec Endpoint Protection could allow a remote attacker from within the local network to gain elevated privileges on the system, caused by the failure to properly validate user authentication. An attacker could exploit this vulnerability to assume another user?s identity and privileges on the console.
|Access Vector:||Adjacent Network|
Refer to SYM14-001 for patch, upgrade or suggested workaround information. See References.
- SYM14-001 : Symantec Endpoint Protection Privilege Assumption, Policy Bypass, Local Elevation of Privilege .
- BID-64128: Symantec Endpoint Protection CVE-2013-5009 Remote Privilege Escalation Vulnerability
- CVE-2013-5009: The Management Console in Symantec Endpoint Protection (SEP) 11.x before 184.108.40.206 and 12.x before 12.1.2 RU2 and Endpoint Protection Small Business Edition 12.x before 12.1.2 RU2 does not properly perform authentication, which allows remote authenticated users to gain privileges by leveraging access to a limited-admin account.
- SA56354: Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager User Validation Security Bypass Vulnerability
- Symantec Endpoint Protection 11
Jan 09, 2014
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.