Symantec Endpoint Protection custom polocies security bypass
|symantec-endpoint-cve20135010-sec-bypass (90225)||Medium Risk|
Symantec Endpoint Protection could allow a local attacker to bypass security restrictions, caused by the improper handling of Application/Device Control (ADC) custom policies. An attacker could exploit this vulnerability to bypass policies and gain access to restricted files or directories.
Refer to SYM14-001 for patch, upgrade or suggested workaround information. See References.
- SYM14-001 : Symantec Endpoint Protection Privilege Assumption, Policy Bypass, Local Elevation of Privilege .
- BID-64129: Symantec Endpoint Protection CVE-2013-5010 Local Unauthorized Access Vulnerability
- CVE-2013-5010: The Application/Device Control (ADC) component in the client in Symantec Endpoint Protection (SEP) 11.x before 18.104.22.168 and 12.x before 12.1.2 RU2 and Endpoint Protection Small Business Edition 12.x before 12.1.2 RU2 does not properly handle custom polices, which allows local users to bypass intended policy restrictions and access files or directories via unspecified vectors.
- SA56345: Symantec Endpoint Protection Application/Device Control Policy Security Bypass Vulnerability
- Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1
Jan 09, 2014
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.