thttpd error page cross-site scripting
|thttpd-error-page-xss (9029)||Medium Risk|
thttpd is vulnerable to cross-site scripting. A remote attacker could create a specially-crafted URL link containing malicious script, which would cause an error message to be displayed and the script to be executed in the victim's Web browser within the security context of the host, once the link is clicked.
Refer to CLA-2003:777 for patch, upgrade or suggested workaround information. See References.
- ACME Laboratories Web site: thttpd.
- thttpd - tiny/turbo/throttling HTTP server Web page: New in version 2.21. (In the release notes for 2.21, the vendor states "Fixed cross-site scripting bug relating to the built-in error pages.")
- Vuln-Dev Mailing List, Apr 17 2002 7:27PM: Smalls holes on 5 products #1. (From Neohapsis archive)
- BID-4601: ACME Labs thttpd Cross-Site Scripting Vulnerability
- CVE-2002-0733: Cross-site scripting vulnerability in thttpd 2.20 and earlier allows remote attackers to execute arbitrary script via a URL to a nonexistent page, which causes thttpd to insert the script into a 404 error message.
- OSVDB ID: 5125: thttpd Error Page XSS
- ACME thttpd 2.20b
Apr 17, 2001
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.