Novell BorderManager FTP proxy denial of service
|novell-bordermanager-ftp-dos (9031)||Medium Risk|
Novell BorderManager is vulnerable to a denial of service attack. A remote attacker could send a large amount of arbitrary data to the FTP proxy to cause the server to stop responding. The server must be restarted to regain normal functionality.
Denial of Service
No remedy available as of February 1, 2014.
- cqure.net Security Vulnerability Report - cqure.net.20020412.bordermanager_36_mv1.a: Novell Border Manager 3.6 Multiple Vulnerabilities.
- BID-4696: Novell BorderManager FTP-Proxy Denial Of Service Vulnerability
- CVE-2002-0779: FTP proxy server for Novell BorderManager 3.6 SP 1a allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service (network connectivity loss) via a connection to port 21 with a large amount of random data.
- OSVDB ID: 10924: Novell BorderManager FTP Proxy Server Data Saturation DoS
- Novell BorderManager 3.6 SP1a
May 08, 2002
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this