Novell BorderManager IP/IPX gateway denial of service
|novell-bordermanager-ipipx-dos (9032)||Medium Risk|
Novell BorderManager is vulnerable to a denial of service attack in the IP/IPX gateway. A remote attacker could send a large amount of arbitrary data to TCP port 8225 to cause the ipipxgw.nlm process to stop functioning.
Denial of Service
No remedy available as of September 1, 2014.
- cqure.net Security Vulnerability Report - cqure.net.20020412.bordermanager_36_mv1.a: Novell Border Manager 3.6 Multiple Vulnerabilities.
- BID-4697: Novell BorderManager IP/IPX Gateway Denial of Service Vulnerability
- CVE-2002-0780: IP/IPX gateway for Novell BorderManager 3.6 SP 1a allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service via a connection to port 8225 with a large amount of random data, which causes ipipxgw.nlm to ABEND.
- OSVDB ID: 10923: Novell BorderManager IP/IPX Gateway ipipxgw.nlm Overflow DoS
- Novell BorderManager 3.6 SP1a
May 08, 2002
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this