Novell BorderManager RTSP proxy denial of service
|novell-bordermanager-rtsp-dos (9033)||Medium Risk|
Novell BorderManager is vulnerable to a denial of service attack in the RTSP (Real-Time Streaming Protocol) proxy. A remote attacker could send a specially-crafted GET request TCP port 9090 to cause the RTSP proxy to stop functioning.
Denial of Service
No remedy available as of September 1, 2014.
- cqure.net Security Vulnerability Report - cqure.net.20020412.bordermanager_36_mv1.a: Novell Border Manager 3.6 Multiple Vulnerabilities.
- BID-4698: Novell BorderManager RTSP Proxy Denial Of Service Vulnerability
- CVE-2002-0781: RTSP proxy for Novell BorderManager 3.6 SP 1a allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service via a GET request to port 9090 followed by a series of carriage returns, which causes proxy.nlm to ABEND.
- OSVDB ID: 10922: Novell BorderManager RTSP Proxy proxy.nlm Malformed GET Request DoS
- Novell BorderManager 3.6 SP1a
May 08, 2002
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this