Multiple Code Aurora products privilege escalation
|code-aurora-cve20136123-priv-esc (90505)||Medium Risk|
Multiple Code Aurora products could allow a local attacker to gain elevated privileges on the system, caused by multiple array index errors in msm_cam_server.c within the MSM camera driver. By leveraging camera device-node access, a local attacker could exploit this vulnerability to gain elevated privileges on the system.
Refer to Code Aurora Web site for patch, upgrade or suggested workaround information. See References.
- Code Aurora Web site: msm:camera: Bounds and validity check for params.
- BID-64979: Code Aurora Multiple Products 'msm_cam_server.c' Privilege Escalation Vulnerabilty
- CVE-2013-6123: Multiple array index errors in drivers/media/video/msm/server/msm_cam_server.c in the MSM camera driver for the Linux kernel 3.x, as used in Qualcomm Innovation Center (QuIC) Android contributions for MSM devices and other products, allow attackers to gain privileges by leveraging camera device-node access, related to the (1) msm_ctrl_cmd_done, (2) msm_ioctl_server, and (3) msm_server_send_ctrl functions.
- CodeAurora Android-MSM 2.6.29
- Qualcomm Quic Mobile Station Modem Kernel 3.10
Oct 11, 2013
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.