IBM Financial Transaction Manager OAC cross-site request forgery
|ibm-ftm-cve20140831-csrf (90585)||Low Risk|
A hand crafted link could be used to trick a user to initiate a function of the FTM OAC. If the user is authorized the request could cause edit of configuration data. The user must be logged in. Detailed knowledge of FTM http request format is required to exploit. Also in the case of any request to edit configuration data the request would need knowledge of the data being edited. In the case of edit, the request would be audited and the edit history would be recorded.
Refer to the appropriate IBM Security Bulletin for patch, upgrade or suggested workaround information. See References.
- IBM Security Bulletin 1662714: IBM Financial Transaction Manager 2.0 and 2.1 OAC vulnerabilities (CVE-2014-0830, CVE-2014-0831, CVE-2014-0832 , CVE-2014-0833).
- CVE-2014-0831: Cross-site request forgery (CSRF) vulnerability in the OAC component in IBM Financial Transaction Manager (FTM) 2.0 before 220.127.116.11 allows remote attackers to hijack the authentication of arbitrary users for requests that modify configuration data.
- IBM Financial Transaction Manager 2.0
- IBM Financial Transaction Manager 2.1
Jan 31, 2014
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.