DaumGame ActiveX control buffer overflow
|daumgame-cve20137246-bo (90588)||High Risk|
DaumGame ActiveX control is vulnerable to a buffer overflow. By persuading a victim to visit a specially-crafted Web page that passes an overly long argument to the insecure IconCreate method, a remote attacker could overflow a buffer and execute arbitrary code on the system or cause the victim's browser to crash.
Upgrade to the latest version of DaumGame ActiveX control (184.108.40.206 or later), available from the Daum Web site. See References.
- Daum Web site: DaumGame ActiveX control. (Web site is in Korean)
- Full Disclosure Mailing List, Mon Jan 20 2014 - 10:08:44 CST: TWSL2014-002: Buffer Overflow Vulnerability in DaumGame ActiveX.
- Offensive Security Exploit Database [01-24-2014]: Daum Game 220.127.116.11 - ActiveX (IconCreate Method) Stack Buffer Overflow.
- Packet Storm Security [01-22-2014]: DaumGame ActiveX 1.1.0.x Buffer Overflow.
- CVE-2013-7246: Buffer overflow in the IconCreate method in an ActiveX control in the DaumGame ActiveX plugin 18.104.22.168 and 22.214.171.124 allows remote attackers to execute arbitrary code via a long string, as exploited in the wild in January 2014.
- Daum Communications DaumGame ActiveX control 126.96.36.199 ko
- Daum Communications DaumGame ActiveX control 188.8.131.52 ko
Jan 20, 2014
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.