Cisco TelePresence System Status Collection Daemon command execution
|cisco-telepresence-cve20140661-command-exec (90624)||High Risk|
Cisco TelePresence could allow a remote attacker from within the local network to execute arbitrary commands on the system, caused by an error in the System Status Collection Daemon (SSCD) code. An attacker could exploit this vulnerability to execute arbitrary commands on the system with root privileges.
|Access Vector:||Adjacent Network|
Refer to cisco-sa-20140122-cts for patch, upgrade or suggested workaround information. See References.
- cisco-sa-20140122-cts: Cisco TelePresence System Software Command Execution Vulnerability .
- BID-65071: Cisco TelePresence System Arbitrary Command Execution Vulnerability
- CVE-2014-0661: The System Status Collection Daemon (SSCD) in Cisco TelePresence System 500-37, 1000, 1300-65, and 3xxx before 1.10.2(42), and 500-32, 1300-47, TX1310 65, and TX9xxx before 6.0.4(11), allows remote attackers to execute arbitrary commands or cause a denial of service (stack memory corruption) via a crafted XML-RPC message, aka Bug ID CSCui32796.
- SA56533: Cisco TelePresence Systems (CTS) SSCD Stack Corruption Vulnerability
- Cisco Telepresence System 1000
- Cisco Telepresence System 3000
- Cisco Telepresence System 500-32
Jan 22, 2014
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.