IBM QRadar Security Information and Event Management autoupdateConsole cross-site scripting
|ibm-qradar-cve20140836-xss (90679)||Medium Risk|
IBM QRadar Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) is vulnerable to cross-site scripting, caused by improper validation of user-supplied input by the autoupdateConsole. A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability using the proxyUsername parameter in a specially-crafted URL to execute script in a victim's Web browser within the security context of the hosting Web site, once the URL is clicked. An attacker could use this vulnerability to steal the victim's cookie-based authentication credentials.
Refer to the appropriate IBM Security Bulletin for patch, upgrade or suggested workaround information. See References.
For other distributions:
Apply the appropriate update for your system. See References.
- IBM Security Bulletin 1663066: Multiple vulnerabilities in IBM QRadar SIEM (CVE-2014-0838, CVE-2014-0835, CVE-2014-0836, CVE-2014-0837).
- JSA10614: Security Threat Response Manager: Multiple vulnerabilities .
- Thomas Pollet: IBM QRadar SIEM CSRF - XSS - MITM - RCE.
- BID-65127: IBM QRadar Security Information and Event Manager Multiple Security Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2014-0836: Cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerability in IBM Security QRadar SIEM 7.2 MR1 and earlier allows remote attackers to inject arbitrary web script or HTML via a crafted URL.
- SA56653: IBM QRadar SIEM Multiple Vulnerabilities
- SA56949: Juniper Security Threat Response Manager Multiple Vulnerabilities
- IBM QRadar Security Information and Event Manager (SIEM) 7.0
- IBM QRadar Security Information and Event Manager (SIEM) 7.1
- IBM QRadar Security Information and Event Manager (SIEM) 7.2
- Juniper Security Threat Response Manager 2010
- Juniper Security Threat Response Manager 2012
- Juniper Security Threat Response Manager 2013.1
Jan 24, 2014
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this