IBM Content Navigator cross-site scripting
|ibm-navigator-cve20140858-xss (90864)||Low Risk|
IBM Content Navigator is vulnerable to cross-site scripting, caused by improper validation of user-supplied input. A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability using the deleteAction parameter in a specially-crafted URL to execute script in a victim's Web browser within the security context of the hosting Web site, once the URL is clicked. An attacker could use this vulnerability to steal the victim's cookie-based authentication credentials.
Refer to the appropriate IBM Security Bulletin for patch, upgrade or suggested workaround information. See References.
For other distributions:
Apply the appropriate update for your system.
- IBM Security Bulletin 1665358: Security Bulletin: Improper authorization by non-admin user in IBM Content Navigator (CVE-2014-0858).
- IBM Security Bulletin 1668906: One vulnerability in IBM FileNet Content Manager and IBM Content Foundation (CVE-2014-0858).
- BID-65856: IBM Content Navigator CVE-2014-0858 Access Bypass Vulnerability
- CVE-2014-0858: IBM Content Navigator 2.x before 220.127.116.11-ICN-FP002 allows remote authenticated users to bypass intended access restrictions and conduct deleteAction attacks via a modified URL.
- SA57162: IBM Content Navigator Multiple Vulnerabilities
- SA57534: IBM FileNet Content Manager and IBM Content Foundation Two Vulnerabilities
- IBM Content Navigator 2.0
- IBM Content Navigator 2.0.1
- IBM Content Navigator 2.0.2
- IBM FileNet Content Manager 5.2.0
Feb 25, 2014
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.