Hosting Controller dsnmanager.asp "dot dot" directory traversal
|hosting-controller-dsnmanager-traversal (9104)||Medium Risk|
Hosting Controller could allow a remote attacker to traverse directories on the Web server. A remote attacker could send a specially-crafted URL request containing "dot dot" sequences (/../) to the dsnmanager.asp script to traverse directories and view the contents of arbitrary files and directories or add a DSN (Data Source Number) to an arbitrary directory.
No remedy available as of July 1, 2014.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Fri May 17 2002 - 04:10:51 CDT: Hosting Controller still have dangerous bugs!.
- Hosting Controller Web site: Hosting Controller.
- BID-4759: Hosting Controller DSNManager Directory Traversal Vulnerability
- CVE-2002-0772: Directory traversal vulnerability in dsnmanager.asp for Hosting Controller allows remote attackers to read arbitrary files and directories via a .. (dot dot) in the RootName parameter.
- OSVDB ID: 6459: Hosting Controller dsnmanager.asp RootName Parameter Traversal Arbitrary File Access
- Hosting Controller Hosting Controller 1.4.1
May 17, 2002
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this