Phorum multiple PHP scripts could be used to execute commands
|phorum-php-command-execution (9107)||High Risk|
Phorum could allow a remote attacker to execute arbitrary commands on the server. A remote attacker could send a specially-crafted URL request that uses the plugin.php, admin.php, or del.php scripts to specify arbitrary external PHP scripts that could be used to execute arbitrary commands on the affected Web server.
Upgrade to the latest version of Phorum (3.3.2b3 or later), available from the Phorum Web site. See References.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Fri May 17 2002 - 13:26:40 CDT: Phorum 3.3.2a remote command execution.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Sat May 18 2002 - 05:32:56 CDT: Phorum 3.3.2a has another bug for remote command execution.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Sat May 18 2002 - 13:58:19 CDT: Re: Phorum 3.3.2a remote command execution.
- Phorum Web site: Phorum.org.
- BID-4763: Phorum Remote Command Execution Vulnerability
- CVE-2002-0764: Phorum 3.3.2a allows remote attackers to execute arbitrary commands via an HTTP request to (1) plugin.php, (2) admin.php, or (3) del.php that modifies the PHORUM[settings_dir] variable to point to a directory that contains a PHP file with the commands.
- OSVDB ID: 11141: Phorum plugin.php settings_dir Variable Arbitrary Command Execution
- OSVDB ID: 11142: Phorum admin.php settings_dir Variable Arbitrary Command Execution
- OSVDB ID: 11143: Phorum del.php include_path Variable Arbitrary Command Execution
- PHP Phorum 3.3.2a
May 17, 2002
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this