Xerox DocuTech insecure default configuration
|xerox-docutech-insecure-configuration (9108)||Medium Risk|
By default, the DocuTech 6110 and DocuTech 6115 control systems are installed insecurely. A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability by using the Web interface to obtain sensitive information or gain unauthorized access to the system using default system account informatio
No remedy available as of September 1, 2014.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Fri May 17 2002 - 13:50:08 CDT: Xerox DocuTech problems.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Fri May 17 2002 - 18:11:57 CDT: Re: Xerox DocuTech problems.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Fri May 17 2002 - 20:26:45 CDT: Re: Xerox DocuTech problems.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Fri May 17 2002 - 20:39:29 CDT: RE: Xerox DocuTech problems.
- BID-4765: Xerox DocuTech Printer Weak Default Configuration Vulnerability
- BID-4766: Xerox DocuTech Scanner Insecure Default Configuration Vulnerability
- CVE-2002-1833: The default configurations for DocuTech 6110 and DocuTech 6115 have a default administrative password of (1) service! on Solaris 8.0 or (2) administ on Windows NT, which allows remote attackers to gain privileges.
- CVE-2002-1834: The default configuration of Xerox DocuTech 6110 and DocuTech 6115 allows remote attackers to connect to the web server and (1) submit print jobs directly into the print now queue or (2) read the scanner job history.
- CVE-2002-1835: The default configuration of Xerox DocuTech 6110 and DocuTech 6115 running Solaris 8.0 has a large number of unnecessary services enabled such as RPC and sprayd, which could allow remote attackers to obtain access to the device.
- CVE-2002-1836: The default configuration of Xerox DocuTech 6110 and DocuTech 6115 exports certain NFS shares to the world with world writable permissions, which may allow remote attackers to modify sensitive files.
- OSVDB ID: 59649: XEROX Docutech Default Administrator Password
- OSVDB ID: 59650: XEROX DocuTech Default Configuration Authentication Bypass
- OSVDB ID: 59651: XEROX DocuTech Default Configuration Multiple Unecessary Service Weakness
- OSVDB ID: 59652: XEROX DocuTech NFS Share Permission Weakness Remote File Modification
- Sun Solaris 8
- Xerox DocuTech 6110
- Xerox DocuTech 6115
May 17, 2002
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this