PHP ext/gd/gd.c buffer overflow
|php-cve20137226-bo (91099)||High Risk|
PHP is vulnerable to a heap-based buffer overflow, caused by improper bounds checking by the imagecrop() function within the ext/gd/gd.c script. By sending an overly long argument, a remote attacker could overflow a buffer and execute arbitrary code on the system or cause the application to crash.
Upgrade to the latest version of PHP (5.5.9 or later), available from the PHP Web site. See References.
- IBM Security Bulletin 1667176: IBM InfoSphere Balanced Warehouse C3000 and C4000, IBM Smart Analytics System 1050 and 2050 are affected by multiple vulnerabilities in PHP.
- PHP Web site: Heap Overflow Vulnerability in imagecrop().
- Red Hat Bugzilla Bug 1065108: CVE-2013-7226 CVE-2013-7327 CVE-2013-7328 CVE-2014-2020 php: multiple vulnerabilities in gdImageCrop().
- BID-65533: PHP 'ext/gd/gd.c' Heap Based Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
- CVE-2013-7226: Integer overflow in the gdImageCrop function in ext/gd/gd.c in PHP 5.5.x before 5.5.9 allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service (application crash) or possibly have unspecified other impact via an imagecrop function call with a large x dimension value, leading to a heap-based buffer overflow.
- SA56829: PHP "imagecrop()" Buffer Overflow Vulnerabilities
- IBM Smart Analytics System 9.7
- PHP PHP 5.5.7
Feb 12, 2014
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.