ViewCVS cross-site scripting
|viewcvs-url-xss (9112)||Medium Risk|
ViewCVS is vulnerable to cross-site scripting. A remote attacker could create a specially-crafted URL link containing embedded script, which would be executed in the victim's Web browser in the security context of the site hosting ViewCVS once the link is clicked. An attacker could use this vulnerability to steal a user's cookie-based authentication credentials.
Apply one of the patches for this vulnerability included in the BugTraq Mailing List posting dated May 19 2002 12:32AM. See References.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Sat May 18 2002 - 19:32:24 CDT: cross-site scripting bug of ViewCVS.
- ViewCVS Web site: ViewCVS: Viewing CVS Repositories.
- BID-4818: ViewCVS Cross-Site Scripting Vulnerability
- CVE-2002-0771: Cross-site scripting vulnerability in viewcvs.cgi for ViewCVS 0.9.2 allows remote attackers to inject script and steal cookies via the (1) cvsroot or (2) sortby parameters.
- OSVDB ID: 6458: ViewCVS viewcvs.cgi Multiple Parameter XSS
- Greg Stein ViewCVS 0.9.2 and prior
May 19, 2002
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this