Ipswitch IMail LDAP buffer overflow
|imail-ldap-bo (9116)||High Risk|
Ipswitch IMail is vulnerable to a buffer overflow in the Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) service. By supplying an overly long "bind DN" parameter to the LDAP service during simple authentication, a remote attacker could overflow a buffer and execute arbitrary code on the system with SYSTEM level privileges.
Apply Hotfix 1 for IMail Server 7.1, available from the Ipswitch Web site. See References.
- Foundstone Advisory FS-052002-21-IPIM: Buffer Overflow in Ipswitch Imail 7.1 and prior.
- Ipswitch Web site: IMail Server - Patches & Upgrades.
- BID-4780: Ipswitch IMail Server LDAP Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
- CVE-2002-0777: Buffer overflow in the LDAP component of Ipswitch IMail 7.1 and earlier allows remote attackers to execute arbitrary code via a long bind DN parameter.
- OSVDB ID: 5071: Ipswitch IMail LDAP Bind DN Overflow
- Ipswitch IMail Server 7.1
May 20, 2002
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this