Hosting Controller default account could allow unauthorized access
|hosting-controller-default-account (9131)||High Risk|
Hosting Controller installs with a default administrative account. A remote attacker with knowledge of this account could use this to gain unauthorized administrative access to an affected server.
No remedy available as of September 1, 2014.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Sun May 19 2002 - 05:10:50 CDT: Another vulnerability in hosting controller.
- Hosting Controller Web site: Hosting Controller.
- BID-4779: Hosting Controller Default Administrative Account Vulnerability
- CVE-2002-0774: Hosting Controller creates a default user AdvWebadmin with a default password, which could allow remote attackers to gain privileges if the password is not changed.
- OSVDB ID: 12402: Hosting Controller Default AdvWebadmin Account
- Hosting Controller Hosting Controller 1.4.1
May 19, 2002
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this