MatuFtpServer long PASS command buffer overflow
|matuftpserver-pass-bo (9138)||High Risk|
MatuFtpServer is vulnerable to a buffer overflow, caused by improper parsing of user-supplied arguments. By sending an overflow long PASS command to the server, a remote attacker could overflow a buffer and execute arbitrary code on the system. Note: A valid user account is not required in order to exploit this vulnerability.
No remedy available as of December 12, 2009.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Tue May 21 2002 - 23:13:00 CDT: MatuFtpServer Remote Buffer Overflow and Possible DoS.
- BID-4792: Matu FTP Server Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
- CVE-2002-0895: Buffer overflow in MatuFtpServer 22.214.171.124 (1.1.3) allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service and possibly execute arbitrary code via a long PASS (password) command.
- OSVDB ID: 9838: MatuFtpServer Long PASS Command Remote Overflow
- Matu Software MatuFtpServer 1.13
May 22, 2002
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this