Cisco IP Phone PortInformation page could reveal sensitive information
|cisco-ipphone-portinformation (9143)||Low Risk|
Cisco IP Phone models 7910, 7940, and 7960 could allow a remote attacker to obtain sensitive information, caused by in input validation vulnerability in the Web interface. A remote attacker could send a specially-crafted URL request to the PortInformation script for an invalid port ID of more than 32768 to cause a page to be displayed that contains arbitrary memory locations.
Upgrade to the lastest Cisco IP Phone Firmware version, as listed in Cisco Security Advisory: Multiple Vulnerabilities in Cisco IP Telephones. See References.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Wed May 22 2002 - 10:50:50 CDT: Multiple Vulnerabilities in CISCO VoIP Phones.
- Cisco Systems Inc. Security Advisory, 2002 May 22 16:00 GMT: Multiple Vulnerabilities in Cisco IP Telephones.
- BID-4794: Cisco VoIP Phone Stream Request Denial Of Service Vulnerability
- BID-4798: Cisco VoIP Phone Web Interface System Memory Contents Information Leakage Vulnerability
- CVE-2002-0882: The web server for Cisco IP Phone (VoIP) models 7910, 7940, and 7960 allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service (reset) and possibly read sensitive memory via a large integer value in (1) the stream ID of the StreamingStatistics script, or (2) the port ID of the PortInformation script.
- Cisco VoIP Phone CP-7910 3.0
- Cisco VoIP Phone CP-7910 3.1
- Cisco VoIP Phone CP-7910 3.2
- Cisco VoIP Phone CP-7940 3.0
- Cisco VoIP Phone CP-7940 3.1
- Cisco VoIP Phone CP-7940 3.2
- Cisco VoIP Phone CP-7960 3.0
- Cisco VoIP Phone CP-7960 3.1
- Cisco VoIP Phone CP-7960 3.2
May 22, 2002
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this