Cisco IP Phone "Settings" button could allow an attacker to change configuration settings
|cisco-ipphone-configuration-access (9144)||Medium Risk|
Cisco IP Phone models 7910, 7940, and 7960 could allow a local attacker to bypass the "Settings" lock and change the IP Phone's configuration. A local attacker could enter the string **# to bypass the lock placed on the "Settings" option and access the configuration options. An attacker could use this vulnerability to modify the phone's configuration and gain complete control over the operation of the IP Phone.
No remedy available as of August 1, 2014.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Wed May 22 2002 - 10:50:50 CDT: Multiple Vulnerabilities in CISCO VoIP Phones.
- Cisco Systems Inc. Security Advisory, 2002 May 22 16:00 GMT: Multiple Vulnerabilities in Cisco IP Telephones.
- BID-4799: Cisco VoIP Phone Default Administrative Password Vulnerability
- CVE-2002-0881: Cisco IP Phone (VoIP) models 7910, 7940, and 7960 use a default administrative password, which allows attackers with physical access to the phone to modify the configuration settings.
- OSVDB ID: 15205: Cisco IP Phone Default Administrative Password
- Cisco VoIP Phone CP-7910 3.0
- Cisco VoIP Phone CP-7910 3.1
- Cisco VoIP Phone CP-7910 3.2
- Cisco VoIP Phone CP-7940 3.0
- Cisco VoIP Phone CP-7940 3.1
- Cisco VoIP Phone CP-7940 3.2
- Cisco VoIP Phone CP-7960 3.0
- Cisco VoIP Phone CP-7960 3.1
- Cisco VoIP Phone CP-7960 3.2
May 22, 2002
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this