Thanks You Counter Button plugin for WordPress cross-site scripting
|thanks-you-wordpress-xss (91474)||Medium Risk|
Thanks You Counter Button plugin for WordPress is vulnerable to cross-site scripting, caused by improper validation of user-supplied input by the options.php script. A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability using a specially-crafted URL to execute script in a victim's Web browser within the security context of the hosting Web site, once the URL is clicked. An attacker could use this vulnerability to steal the victim's cookie-based authentication credentials.
No remedy available as of October 1, 2014.
- Packet Storm Security [02-25-2014]: WordPress Thanks You Counter Button 1.8.7 Cross Site Scripting.
- WordPress Plugin Directory: Thanks You Counter Button plugin for WordPress.
- BID-65805: WordPress Thank You Counter Button Plugin Multiple Cross Site Scripting Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2014-2315: Multiple cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerabilities in the Thank You Counter Button plugin 1.8.7 for WordPress allow remote attackers to inject arbitrary web script or HTML via the (1) thanks_caption, (2) thanks_caption_style, or (3) thanks_style parameter to wp-admin/options.php.
- WordPress Thanks You Counter Button plugin for WordPress 1.8.7
- WordPress WordPress
Feb 25, 2014
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this