LocalWEB2000 could allow an attacker to bypass protection and view restricted files
|localweb2k-protection-bypass (9165)||Medium Risk|
LocalWEB2000 could allow a remote attacker to gain access to password protected files. A remote attacker could send a specially-crafted URL request for a known password protected file prepended with /./ to bypass protection and gain access to the protected file.
No remedy available as of April 1, 2014.
- LocalWEB2000 Web site: LocalWEB2000.
- SecurityOffice Advisory - May 24, 2002: LocalWeb2000 Web Server Protected File Access Vulnerability.
- BID-4820: LocalWEB2000 File Disclosure Vulnerability
- CVE-2002-0897: LocalWEB2000 2.1.0 web server allows remote attackers to bypass access restrictions for restricted files via a URL that contains the /./ directory.
- OSVDB ID: 5055: LocalWEB2000 Crafted Request Access Restriction Bypass
- LocalWEB2000 LocalWEB2000 2.1.0
May 24, 2002
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this