Adobe Macromedia JRun ISAPI long host header request buffer overflow
|jrun-isapi-host-bo (9194)||High Risk|
Macromedia JRun (formerly Allaire JRun) is vulnerable to a buffer overflow in the handling of malformed ISAPI DLL requests. By sending a request for an ISAPI DLL with an overly long Host header field, a remote attacker could overflow a buffer and execute arbitrary code on the system with SYSTEM privileges or cause the system to crash.
Apply the appropriate patch for your system, as listed in Macromedia Security Bulletin MPSB02-02. See References.
— OR —
Upgrade to the latest version of JRun (4.0 or later), available from the Macromedia Web site. See References.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Wed May 29 2002 - 11:37:28 CDT: Addendum to advisory #NISR29052002 (JRun buffer overflow).
- CERT Advisory CA-2002-14: Buffer overflow in Macromedia JRun.
- Macromedia Product Security Bulletin MPSB02-02: Patch Available for ISAPI buffer overflow in JRun 3.0/3.1.
- Macromedia Web site: Macromedia - JRun 4.
- NGSSoftware Insight Security Research Advisory #NISR29052002: Macromedia JRUN Buffer overflow vulnerability.
- BID-4873: Macromedia JRun Host Header Field Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
- CVE-2002-0801: Buffer overflow in the ISAPI DLL filter for Macromedia JRun 3.1 allows remote attackers to execute arbitrary code via a direct request to the filter with a long HTTP host header field in a URL for a .jsp file.
- OSVDB ID: 5082: Macromedia JRun ISAPI Filter Host Header Overflow
- US-CERT VU#703835: Macromedia JRun ISAPI DLL filter vulnerable to buffer overflow via request for long Host header field
- Macromedia JRun 3.0
- Macromedia JRun 3.1
May 29, 2002
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this