CFXImage "dot dot" directory traversal could allow reading of files outside of the Web root directory
|cfximage-dotdot-directory-traversal (9196)||Medium Risk|
CFXImage could allow a remote attacker to traverse directories on the Web server. A remote attacker could send a specially-crafted URL request to the showtemp.cfm file containing "dot dot" sequences (/../) in the file parameter to traverse directories and view arbitrary files outside of the Web root directory.
Upgrade to the latest version of CFXImage, available from the Gafware Web site. See References.
- Gafware Web site: Gafware.com.
- ProCheckUp Security Bulletin PR02-12: Gafware's CFXImage showtemp program file reading vulnerability.
- BID-4882: Gafware CFXImage ShowTemp File Disclosure Vulnerability
- CVE-2002-0879: showtemp.cfm for Gafware CFXImage 1.6.6 allows remote attackers to read arbitrary files via (1) a .. or (2) a C: style pathname in the FILE parameter.
- OSVDB ID: 13302: Gafware CFXImage showtemp.cfm Traversal Arbitrary File Access
- Gafware CFXImage 1.6.6
- Macromedia ColdFusion
May 29, 2002
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this