Compaq ProLiant BL e-Class Integrated Administrator could allow unrestricted access for local users
|compaq-proliant-gain-access (9202)||Medium Risk|
The Compaq ProLiant BL e-Class enclosure (Integrated Administrator) could allow a local attacker to obtain unrestricted access to the operating system. An attacker could exploit this vulnerability if the attacker has Telnet, Secure Shell (SSH), or console access to the system and is limited to the enclosure.
Upgrade to the latest version of Integrated Administrator firmware (1.11 or later), as listed in Compaq SECURITY BULLETIN (SSRT2179). See References.
- Compaq SECURITY BULLETIN (SSRT2179): Potential Vulnerability in Compaq ProLiant BL e-Class Integrated Administrator Version 1.0 and Version 1.10.
- BID-4802: Compaq ProLiant BL e-Class Enclosure Unauthorized Integrated Administrator Access Vulnerability
- CVE-2002-0883: Vulnerability in Compaq ProLiant BL e-Class Integrated Administrator 1.0 and 1.10, allows authenticated users with Telnet, SSH, or console access to conduct unauthorized activities.
- OSVDB ID: 11316: Compaq ProLiant BL e-Class Integrated Administrator Unauthenticated Admin Access
- Compaq ProLiant BL E-Class Integrated Administrator Firmware 1.0
- Compaq ProLiant BL E-Class Integrated Administrator Firmware 1.10
May 21, 2002
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this