IBM Informix SE /lib/sqlexec INFORMIXDIR environment variable buffer overflow
|informix-sqlexec-bo (9219)||High Risk|
Informix Standard Edition (SE) is vulnerable to a buffer overflow in the /lib/sqlexec program. By setting the INFORMIXDIR environment variable to more than 2023 bytes, a local attacker could overflow a buffer and execute arbitrary code on the system with elevated privileges.
No remedy available as of August 1, 2014.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Wed May 29 2002 - 18:32:51 CDT: Informix SE-7.25 /lib/sqlexec Vulnerability.
- IBM Web site: Informix SE.
- BID-4891: IBM Informix SE sqlexec Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
- CVE-2002-0905: Buffer overflow in sqlexec for Informix SE-7.25 allows local users to gain root privileges via a long INFORMIXDIR environment variable.
- OSVDB ID: 10134: IBM Informix sqlexec INFORMIXDIR Environment Variable Local Overflow
- IBM Informix SE 7.25
May 29, 2002
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this