CGIScript.net csPassword .htpasswd file access
|cgiscript-cspassword-htpasswd-access (9220)||Medium Risk|
csPassword could allow a remote attacker with a password for the protected .htaccess folder to download the .htpasswd file and obtain other usernames and passwords.
Contact CGIScript.net for upgrade or patch information. See References.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Wed May 29 2002 - 17:16:28 CDT: CGIscript.net - csPassword.cgi - Multiple Vulnerabilities.
- CGIScript.net Web site: CGI Script.net - Contact Us.
- BID-4885: CGIScript.net csPassword.CGI HTPasswd File Disclosure Vulnerability
- CVE-2002-0917: CGIScript.net csPassword.cgi stores .htpasswd files under the web document root, which could allow remote authenticated users to download the file and crack the passwords of other users.
- OSVDB ID: 14498: CGIScript.net csPassword.cgi .htpasswd File Disclosure
- CGIScript csPassword 1.0
May 29, 2002
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this