CGIScript.net csPassword error message information disclosure
|cgiscript-cspassword-information-disclosure (9221)||Low Risk|
csPassword could allow a remote attacker to obtain sensitive information. A remote attacker could send a specially-crafted URL request to the script to cause an error message to display debug information, which could contain sensitive information including the full path to the Web root directory.
Contact CGIScript.net for upgrade or patch information. See References.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Wed May 29 2002 - 17:16:28 CDT: CGIscript.net - csPassword.cgi - Multiple Vulnerabilities.
- CGIScript.net Web site: CGI Script.net - Contact Us.
- BID-4887: CGIScript.net csPassword.CGI Information Disclosure Vulnerability
- CVE-2002-0918: CGIScript.net csPassword.cgi leaks sensitive information such as the pathname of the server in debug messages that are presented when the script fails, which allows remote attackers to obtain the information via a remove option in the command parameter, which generates an error.
- OSVDB ID: 14499: CGIScript.net csPassword.cgi Debug Message Path Disclosure
- CGIScript csPassword 1.0
May 29, 2002
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this