CGIScript.net csPassword could allow an attacker to modify the .htaccess file
|cgiscript-cspassword-htaccess-modification (9222)||Medium Risk|
csPassword could allow a remote attacker with valid login credentials to the csPassword program to add directives and make changes to the .htaccess file.
Contact CGIScript.net for upgrade or patch information. See References.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Wed May 29 2002 - 17:16:28 CDT: CGIscript.net - csPassword.cgi - Multiple Vulnerabilities.
- CGIScript.net Web site: CGI Script.net - Contact Us.
- BID-4888: CGIScript.net csPassword.CGI HTAccess File Modification Vulnerability
- CVE-2002-0919: CGIScript.net csPassword.cgi allows remote authenticated users to modify the .htaccess file and gain privileges via newlines in the title field of the edit page.
- OSVDB ID: 14500: CGIScript.net csPassword.cgi .htaccess Modification Remote Privilege Escalation
- CGIScript csPassword 1.0
May 29, 2002
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this