CGIScript.net csPassword password.cgi.tmp file access
|cgiscript-cspassword-tmpfile-access (9223)||Medium Risk|
csPassword could allow a remote attacker to gain access to the password.cgi.tmp file, which contains usernames and unencrypted passwords.
Contact CGIScript.net for upgrade or patch information. See References.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Wed May 29 2002 - 17:16:28 CDT: CGIscript.net - csPassword.cgi - Multiple Vulnerabilities.
- CGIScript.net Web site: CGI Script.net - Contact Us.
- BID-4889: CGIScript.net csPassword.CGI Password.CGI.TMP File Disclosure Vulnerability
- CVE-2002-0920: CGIScript.net csPassword.cgi stores usernames and unencrypted passwords in the password.cgi.tmp temporary file while modifying data, which could allow local users (and possibly remote attackers) to gain privileges by stealing the file before it has been processed.
- OSVDB ID: 14501: CGIScript.net csPassword.cgi password.cgi.tmp Cleartext Authentication Credential Disclosure
- CGIScript csPassword 1.0
May 29, 2002
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this