Shambala FTP server "dot dot" directory traversal
|shambala-dotdot-directory-traversal (9224)||Medium Risk|
Evolvable Corporation Shambala Server could allow a remote attacker to traverse directories on the FTP server. A remote attacker can send a LS or a GET command followed by "dot dot" sequences (/../) to traverse directories and download any file on the system.
No remedy available as of December 1, 2013.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Thu May 30 2002 - 17:21:30 CDT: [[ TH 026 Inc. ]] SA #3 - Shambala Server 4.5, Directory Traversal and DoS.
- BID-4896: Evolvable Shambala Server FTP Server Directory Traversal Vulnerability
- CVE-2002-0877: Directory traversal vulnerability in the FTP server for Shambala 4.5 allows remote attackers to read arbitrary files via a .. (dot dot) in the (1) LIST (ls) or (2) GET commands.
- OSVDB ID: 9059: Shambala FTP Server Multiple Command Arbitrary File Access
- Evolvable Corporation Shambala Server 4.5
May 30, 2002
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this