QNX RTOS monitor -f argument could be used to overwrite arbitrary files
|qnx-rtos-monitor-f (9231)||Medium Risk|
QNX RTOS could allow a local attacker to modify arbitrary files on the system. A local attacker could use the -f argument with the monitor utility to overwrite a specified file.
Upgrade to the latest version of QNX RTOS (6.1.0 or later), available from the QNX Software Systems Web site. See References.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Fri May 31 2002 - 16:42:17 CDT: Multiple vulnerabilities in QNX.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Fri May 31 2002 - 21:23:35 CDT: Re: Multiple vulnerabilities in QNX.
- QNX Software System Web site: QNX Products - RTOS.
- BID-4901: QNX RTOS CRTTrap File Disclosure Vulnerability
- BID-4902: QNX RTOS monitor Arbitrary File Modification Vulnerability
- BID-4903: QNX RTOS Watcom Sample Utility Privileged File Overwriting Vulnerability
- BID-4904: QNX RTOS dumper Arbitrary File Modification Vulnerability
- CVE-2002-0793: Hard link and possibly symbolic link following vulnerabilities in QNX RTOS 4.25 (aka QNX4) allow local users to overwrite arbitrary files via (1) the -f argument to the monitor utility, (2) the -d argument to dumper, (3) the -c argument to crttrap, or (4) using the Watcom sample utility.
- OSVDB ID: 12215: QNX RTOS monitor -f Argument Arbitrary File Overwrite
- OSVDB ID: 12216: QNX RTOS dumper -d Argument Arbitrary File Overwrite
- OSVDB ID: 12217: QNX RTOS crttrap -c Argument Arbitrary File Overwrite
- OSVDB ID: 12218: QNX RTOS Watcom Utility Arbitrary File Overwrite
- QNX QNX RTOS 4.25
May 31, 2002
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this