Oracle9i Database Server SQL*NET Listener debug denial of service
|oracle-listener-debug-dos (9237)||Medium Risk|
Oracle9i Database Server is vulnerable to a denial of service attack. A remote attacker could send a specially-crafted SQL debug request to the Oracle9i SQL*NET Listener to cause the listener to crash. The SQL*NET Listener must be restarted to regain normal functionality.
Denial of Service
Apply the patch for this vulnerability, available to registered customers from the Oracle Metalink Web site by referencing bug number 2467947. See References.
- Internet Security Systems Security Advisory, August, 13, 2002: Remote Denial of Service Vulnerability in Oracle9i SQL*NET.
- Oracle Metalink Web site: OracleMetaLink.
- Oracle Security Alert #38: Oracle Net Denial of Service Security VulnerabilityAlert.
- BID-5457: Oracle Listener Malformed Debugging Command Denial Of Service Vulnerability
- CVE-2002-0856: SQL*NET listener for Oracle Net Oracle9i 9.0.x and 9.2 allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service (crash) via certain debug requests that are not properly handled by the debugging feature.
- OSVDB ID: 5065: Oracle Database Net Services SQL*NET Listener Malformed Command Debugging Remote DoS
- Oracle Database Server 220.127.116.11 R1
- Oracle Database Server 18.104.22.168 R1
- Oracle Database Server 22.214.171.124 R1
- Oracle Database Server 126.96.36.199 R2
- Oracle Database Server 188.8.131.52 R2
Aug 13, 2002
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this