Caldera Volution Manager plain text Directory Administrator password
|volution-manager-plaintext-password (9240)||Medium Risk|
Volution Manager is a remote system administration and management program developed by Caldera International. Caldera Volution Manager stores the Directory Administrator's password unencrypted and in plain text in the /etc/ldap/slapd.conf file. A local attacker could exploit this vulnerability by recovering this password to gain unauthorized administrative access to the Volution Manager.
No remedy available as of July 1, 2014.
- Caldera International, Inc. Security Advisory CSSA-2002-024.0: Volution Manager: Directory Administrator password in cleartext.
- BID-4923: Caldera Volution Manager Default Cleartext Directory Administrator Password Vulnerability
- CVE-2002-0911: Caldera Volution Manager 1.1 stores the Directory Administrator password in cleartext in the slapd.conf file, which could allow local users to gain privileges.
- OSVDB ID: 4664: Caldera Volution Manager slapd.conf Admin Password Exposure
- SCO Caldera Volution Manager 1.1
Jun 03, 2002
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this