GNUStep Base gdomap denial of service
|gnustep-cve20142980-dos (92688)||Medium Risk|
GNUStep Base is vulnerable to a denial of service, caused by the attempt to log an error message while handling an invalid request by gdomap. By sending a specially-crafted request, an attacker could exploit this vulnerability to cause a denial of service.
Denial of Service
Refer to GNUStep Web site for patch, upgrade or suggested workaround information. See References.
- GNUStep Web site: GNUStep.
- Red Hat Bugzilla ¿ Bug 1089857 : CVE-2014-2980 gnustep-base: incorrect log handling leading to gdomap denial of service.
- BID-66992: gdomap Remote Denial of Service Vulnerability
- CVE-2014-2980: Tools/gdomap.c in gdomap in GNUstep Base 1.24.6 and earlier, when run in daemon mode, does not properly handle the file descriptor for the logger, which allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service (abort) via an invalid request.
- SA58104: GNUstep Base gdomap Denial of Service Vulnerability
- GNUStep Base 1.24.6
Apr 22, 2014
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this