BlackICE Agent may not reactivate after a system standby
|blackice-standby-inactivate (9275)||Low Risk|
BlackICE Agent may not reactivate after a system standby. In some cases the "restart.whenSuspend" option, which is enabled by default, may not cause the firewall to reactivate after a system standby. This could allow malicious traffic to pass through the firewall without the user's knowledge.
Upgrade to the latest version or BlackICE Agent (3.1.ebh or later), available from the ISS Downloads Web site. See References.
- Internet Security Systems Downloads Web site: Download Center.
- VulnWatch Mailing List, Thu Jun 06 2002 - 07:17:16 CDT: KPMG-2002019: BlackICE Agent not Firewalling After Standby. (From Neohapsis archive)
- BID-4950: Internet Security Systems BlackICE Agent Failure To Reactivate After Suspending Vulnerability
- CVE-2002-0956: BlackICE Agent 3.1.eal does not always reactivate after a system standby, which could allow remote attackers and local users to bypass intended firewall restrictions.
- OSVDB ID: 4700: BlackICE Agent System Standby Failure
- ISS BlackICE Agent for Workstation 3.1 eal
Jun 06, 2002
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this