Splatt Forum message IMG tag cross-site scripting
|splatt-forum-img-xss (9279)||Medium Risk|
Splatt Forum is vulnerable to cross-site scripting. A remote attacker could embed malicious script within HTML IMG tags in a forum message, which would be executed in the victim's Web browser within the security context of the hosting site, once the message is viewed. An attacker could use this vulnerability to steal the victim's cookie-based authentication credentials.
Upgrade to the latest version of Splatt Forum (3.1 or later), available from the Splatt Web site. See References.
- Splatt Web site: Splatt Projects.
- VulnWatch Mailing List, Thu Jun 06 2002 - 08:01:29 CDT: Splatt Forum XSS. (From Neohapsis archive)
- BID-4953: Splatt Forum Image Tag HTML Injection Vulneraility
- CVE-2002-0959: Cross-site scripting vulnerability in Splatt Forum 3.0 allows remote attackers to execute arbitrary script as other users via an [img] tag with a closing quote followed by the script.
- OSVDB ID: 9233: Splatt Forum IMG Tag XSS
- Splatt Projects Splatt Forum 3.0
Jun 06, 2002
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this