php(Reactor) browse.php cross-site scripting
|phpreactor-browse-xss (9280)||Medium Risk|
php(Reactor) is vulnerable to cross-site scripting. A remote attacker could embed malicious script within the "go" variable in a specially-crafted URL request to the browse.php script, which would be executed in the victim's Web browser within the security context of the hosting site once the link is clicked. An attacker could use this vulnerability to steal the victim's cookie-based authentication credentials and possibly other sensitive information.
No remedy available as of December 1, 2013.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Thu Jun 06 2002 - 09:09:44 CDT: [ARL02-A12] PHP(Reactor) Cross Site Scripting Vulnerability.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Thu Oct 10 2002 - 07:43:11 CDT : XSS bug in php(Reactor) .
- SourceForge.net: SourceForge.net: File Release Notes and Changelog.
- SourceForge.net: Project: php(Reactor): File List.
- BID-4952: PHPReactor Global.INC.PHP Cross Site Scripting Vulnerability
- BID-5939: PHPReactor Browse.PHP Cross-Site Scripting Vulnerability
- CVE-2002-0958: Cross-site scripting vulnerability in browse.php for PHP(Reactor) 1.2.7 allows remote attackers to execute script as other users via the go parameter in the comments section.
- OSVDB ID: 5043: php(Reactor) Comments Section browse.php go Parameter XSS
- php(Reactor) php(Reactor) 1.2.7pl1 and prior
Jun 06, 2002
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this