4-Port Cable/DSL Gateway Router incorrectly reports the IP source address of internal requests
|belkin-incorrect-ip (9324)||Medium Risk|
The Belkin F5D5230-4 Cable/DSL Gateway Router incorrectly reports the source IP address if a request is made to a network server from within the network. This allows an attacker from within the internal network to perform malicious activity without being detected because the attacker's IP address would be reported as the IP address of the router.
No remedy available as of April 1, 2014.
- Belkin Web site: Welcome to Belkin.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Sun Jun 09 2002 - 17:17:04 CDT: Problem with IP reporting - Belkin Cable/DSL router.
- BID-4982: Belkin F5D5230-4 Router Internal Web Traffic Origin Obfuscation Vulnerability
- CVE-2002-1431: Belkin F5D5230-4 4-Port Cable/DSL Gateway Router 1.20.000 modifies the source IP address of internal packets to that of the router's external interface when forwarding a request from an internal host to an internal web server, which allows remote attackers to hide which host is being used to access the web server.
- OSVDB ID: 10062: Belkin F5D5230-4 Router Remote Access IP Concealment
- Belkin F5D5230-4
Jun 09, 2002