AnalogX SimpleServer:WWW @ character denial of service
|analogx-simpleserver-at-dos (9338)||Medium Risk|
AnalogX SimpleServer:WWW is vulnerable to a denial of service attack. A remote attacker could connect to the server using Telnet and send 640 characters or more to cause the server to crash. The server must be restarted to regain normal functionality.
Note: It is unknown whether this denial of service results from a buffer overflow. If so, remote command execution may be possible.
Denial of Service
No remedy available as of September 1, 2014.
- AnalogX Web site: Network Downloads: SimpleServer:WWW /// AnalogX.
- BugTraq Mailing List, 2002-06-13 12:21:21: Remote DoS in AnalogX SimpleServer:www 1.16.
- BugTraq Mailing List, 2002-07-02 19:46:04: Re: Remote DoS in AnlaogX SimpleServer:www 1.16.
- BID-5006: AnalogX SimpleServer:WWW Web Server Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
- CVE-2002-0968: Buffer overflow in AnalogX SimpleServer:WWW 1.16 and earlier allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service (crash) and execute code via a long HTTP request method name.
- OSVDB ID: 3780: AnalogX SimpleServer:WWW @ Character DoS
- AnalogX SimpleServer WWW 1.16
Jun 13, 2002
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this