MakeBook does not properly validate "Name" form field
|makebook-name-field-validation (9356)||Medium Risk|
MakeBook could allow a remote attacker to embed arbitrary script code in the "Name" form field to launch server-side and cross-site scripting attacks.
Apply the updated MakeBook 2.2 version, available from the MakeBook Download page. See References.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Thu Jun 13 2002 - 10:13:02 CDT: Re: SSI & CSS execution in MakeBook 2.2.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Wed Jun 12 2002 - 02:22:06 CDT: SSI & CSS execution in MakeBook 2.2.
- MakeBook Download page: Scripts for Educators.
- MakeBook v2.2 Advisory: MakeBook v2.2.
- BID-4996: MakeBook Form Field Input Validation Vulnerability
- CVE-2002-0948: Scripts For Educators MakeBook 2.2 CGI program allows remote attackers to execute script as other visitors, or execute server-side includes (SSI) as the web server, via the (1) Name or (2) Email parameters, which are not properly filtered.
- OSVDB ID: 14469: Educators MakeBook Multiple Variable Arbitrary Script Execution
- Kristina L. Pfaff-Harris MakeBook 2.2
Sep 12, 2001
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this