Active! mail allows SCRIPT tags in the header
|activemail-script-tag-header (9358)||Medium Risk|
Active! mail fails to properly filter HTML tags in mail headers. A remote attacker can exploit this vulnerability by embedding malicious script code using '<SCRIPT>' tags in the header to execute the code once the message is opened.
Upgrade to the latest version of Active! mail (22.214.171.124 or later), available from the Active! mail Download page. See References.
- Active! Mail Download page: Active! Mail Download.
- SNS Advisory No.54: Active! mail Executing the Script upon the Opening of a Mail Message Vulnerability.
- BID-5007: TransWare Active Mail HTML Injection Vulnerability
- CVE-2002-0950: Cross-site scripting vulnerability in TransWARE Active! mail 1.422 and 2.0 allows remote attackers to execute arbitrary code via a certain e-mail header, which is not properly filtered.
- OSVDB ID: 9235: TransWARE Active! Mail E-mail Header XSS
- TransWare Active! Mail 1.422
- TransWare Active! Mail 2.0
Jun 12, 2002
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this