BodyBuilder allows user to modify SQL authentication request
|bodybuilder-bypass-authentication (9359)||High Risk|
<Body>Builder allows administrative access by sending a SQL request to authenticate. A vulnerability regarding the lack of filtering in the user-supplied input could allow a remote attacker to input double hyphen '--' characters in the login fields to bypass authentication and gain administrative access to the system.
No remedy available as of August 1, 2014.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Thu Jun 13 2002 - 10:47:03 CDT: [LBYTE] Ruslan Communications Builder SQL modification.
- BID-5008: Ruslan Communications <Body>Builder SQL Injection Vulnerability
- CVE-2002-0951: SQL injection vulnerability in Ruslan Builder allows remote attackers to gain administrative privileges via a -- sequence in the username and password.
- OSVDB ID: 10119: Ruslan Body Builder Multiple Parameter SQL Injection
- Ruslan Communications Builder
Jun 13, 2002
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this